We all know that the Hard Disk is a safe place to store up the data. For instance, if you bought a hard drive and you’re not able to view it in your control panel, then the reason might be that the hard disk might not have been installed.
If you are doing this task for the first time, then you are required to install the hard disk that actually needs to be initialized and formatted. Let’s check out below the procedure as to how one can install a new Hard disk and follow the below steps:
Initializing the Hard Drive
To commence the installation of a new Hard Disk, you are required to connect the disk and has to wait for a while till for the automatic installation of that of the pilots.
- Go to the start menu first of all.
- Now, simply right-click the control panel.
- Next, hit ‘manage’.
- Then hit ‘disk manager’.
- Finally, click on ‘OK’.
How one can create new partitions and Format hard disk
- First of all, go to the Disk manager.
- Now to the blank spot, simply right-click.
- Next, hit ‘New simple volume’.
- Then, hit ‘next’.
- Now opt the disk partition size and hit ‘next’.
- After that, opt the file system.
- Now you’ll find an option, ‘run a quick format’; therefore check the box next to it.
- Then click on the ‘next’ button.
- Finally, hit ‘finish’.
From the article, you must have come to know that how you can facilely install a new hard disk and how one creates up the new partitions as well as they can go for formatting the hard disk. We tried to project the procedure in the simplest way and hope that this would solve your issue. Hence, if you are one such aspirant, then give a try to the above-described steps and you’ll definitely get sorted.