Email is one of the fastest and most reliable methods of communication nowadays. Several companies and individuals rely on emails for sending professional as well as personal documents. We often have separate personal and professional email addresses, but managing the inbox is one of the biggest problem these days as there are tons of emails.
That’s why Gmail is continuously adding more and more features for users to increase the convenience and also to manage the inbox. Some of the best features which Gmail has added in recent times are Archive, Mute and Snooze options. However, if you haven’t used these features yet, then the below-mentioned article will help you know more about these useful features.
Everything You Need To Know About Archive Feature In Gmail
To hide emails from inbox without deleting them permanently, Gmail has added a feature called ‘Archive’. The feature is used to hide all the unnecessary emails to clear the clutter from the inbox. Whenever a user archive any email then Gmail stores it in a different location unknown to the user. If you are unaware of this feature we have listed some steps as given below to help ‘Archive’ and ‘Unarchive’ any email easily:
- When working on the mobile app, click on ‘Archive’ icon on the top of the opened mail.
- On the desktop, click on ‘Archive’ option available on the top menu bar.
- Alternatively to ‘Unarchive’ a mail, go to ‘All Mails’ option and search that specific mail.
- Then click on ‘Move to Inbox’ option to unarchive the mail.
All About Snooze Feature Available In Gmail
To delay any mail for a specific period of time a snooze option can be used. Users can set a specific time and date while snoozing any mail so that Gmail will send the notification of snoozed email on that particular date and time. Snooze feature is helpful in the situation when an important email arrives in the inbox and we are busy in other important tasks.
That’s how users can snooze any email while using Gmail in their respective devices:
- On mobile, open a mail and go to ‘Three Dot Icon’ at the top right.
- Select the option ‘Snooze’ from the list and select the specific time and date for it.
- On Desktop, just click on ‘Snooze’ option from the top menu bar.
- To disable the snooze, go to ‘Snoozed’ section and click on ‘Unsnooze’ option in top right.
What Is The Mute Feature In Gmail And How It Works
Users can mute an email thread to stop receiving the notifications for the same. Mute feature is helpful in getting rid of notifications which are no longer useful for us, it is better to use mute feature instead of blocking the sender which can even stop any future emails from them. Here’s how anyone can mute any email thread while using Gmail:
- While working on the mobile app, click on the ‘Three Dot Icon’ visible at top right of the opened mail.
- Choose the ‘Mute’ option now from the drop-down list.
- On the desktop, just open any mail and click on ‘Three Dot Icon’ to select the ‘Mute’ option.
- Alternatively to unmute the emails, type in search bar ‘Muted’ to open the list of email.
- Now open a muted email and then click on ‘Move To Inbox’ option.
Gmail has provided some useful features as given above which helps in managing the inbox more effectively. To sort out emails which are less important these options can prove to be handy. Without these options, it is almost impossible to figure out which email is important and which is unnecessary as we receive hundreds of mail on a daily basis. So make use of this efficient features to increase your productivity and better management of emails.
My name is Delores. I like to make most of the Android phones, its Apps, App stores, & everything. So I tried rooting & decided to create Framaroot.vip, to share my findings on Android & Rooting.